Bays Cycle Challenge
Terms and Conditions
- I agree to abide by the Event Rules and with the directions of the officials and their personnel.
- I will comply with all the directions given on the entry forms, emails, newsletters, confirmation letters, race pack information, pre-race safety briefings and course signage.
- I agree to display the supplied stickers on the front and side of my cycle helmet and on my seat post. This is for finish line identification along with transponders.
- I agree to allow the organisers and sponsors to use photographs, video and film taken during the event to advertise their products or to promote the event at no cost to the organisers and sponsors. No photographs, video and film taken during the event can be used by any party for commercial purposes without prior written consent by CJM'S Events Ltd.
- I understand that participation in this event is at my own risk and I accept full responsibility for obtaining adequate skills to negotiate and avoid the hazards on the course.
- I understand the cycle route travels on public roads. Participants are required to obey New Zealand traffic law at all times while on public roads.
- I understand that the Race Organisers may alter the advertised course, race briefing or start times for safety or other reasons.
- I am fully responsible for my personal belongings at the event.
- I am in sound physical condition and health, capable of safely competing in the event, and am not aware of any medical condition to the contrary by participating,
- I accept all risks flowing from my participation that could result in loss of life or permanent injury or damage to property. Accordingly I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with any act or omission by me in the course of my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include promoters, sponsors, the organizers of the event and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event is conducted or which is directly or indirectly associated with the event in any manner whatsoever. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- There will be no refunds if you cannot participate in the event, but for a $20 fee you can transfer your entry to someone else or to another event of CJM'S Events Ltd. Transfers cannot be made after the Wednesday prior to the race. To transfer categories there is a $10 fee. You cannot sell or give your entry to someone else, it must be transferred via Active.
- Should the event have to be cancelled due to Force Majure, Disease or Pandemic there will be no refund of entry fee.
CJM’S Cancellation Insurance will refund your entry fee in case of cancellation of the event. This will cover the cancellation of the event for any reason including Force Majure, Disease or Pandemic. When entering if you wish to purchase CJM’S Cancellation Insurance, you do so in the Merchandise section. If the event was to be cancelled, the amount of your entry fee is the amount that would be refunded. No Merchandise fee is refunded
- to assist in providing quality services;
- to communicate information to you about the event or future events;
- internal research;
- to medical providers to assist in emergency situations;
- to profile entrant information to the media.
CJM'S Events Ltd may disclose your name, city, nationality and resume in entry lists.
Otherwise CJM'S Events Ltd will not allow third parties access to your information without your approval.
You may request CJM'S Events Ltd to access and correct your information. If at any time you are unsure of how to correct your information please contact us.